PROJECT TOPIC : THE ROLE OF AN ACCOUNTANT IN THE POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
CHAPTERS: Chapter 1 – 5
PRICE : #3, 000
FORMAT: Ms Word
This study, THE ROLE OF AN ACCOUNTANT IN THE POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT contains concise information that will serve as a framework or guide for your project work. The project study is well-researched for academic purposes and are usually provided in complete chapters with adequate References.
Keywords: THE ROLE OF AN ACCOUNTANT IN THE POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
This project work was on the role of the accountant in poverty alleviation programme of the federal government with particular note on Enugu North local government area. The objectives of the study among others were: To determine the role of the Accountant in the poverty alleviation programme of Enugu North local government area.
To determine whether the role of the accountant is of relevant in the planning of programmes and policies of the poverty alleviation programme in Enugu North local government area. In view of this an indepth literature, review was carried of related materials, journals, and text books, Beside, data were elicited through the use of Questionnire and oral interview conducted.
These data were analysed and presented using statistical technique such as tables and percentages. The data was used to test the three hypothesis formulated.
Based on the data analysed these findings were made:
- It was discovered that the poverty alleviation programme was geared towards, providing food, security, reducing unemployment and increasing the standard of living of the citizens.
- Inspite of the rigorious effort by the three tiers government and the huge sum that has been spent so far, the impact is yet to be felt even in Enugu North Local Government Area.
- It was discovered that the local government authorities particularly the poverty alleviation committee have made contentious effort towards mobilization of savings by intermediating between those that have the needed resources (donors) and those that need then (grassroots).
In the light of these findings recommendation were also made which include:
- Enlightment campaign programme aimed at informing and educating the citizens and individuals domiciled within Enugu on the relevance benefit and right attitude towards poverty alleviation programme.
- Periodic account audit should be carried out semi annually in other to determine the amount and the effect of funds disbursed courtesy of the poverty alleviation programme.
- There should be proper integration and role definition with particular emphasis on the place of the accountant in other to guarantee maximum result which will invariably lead to a noticeable impact of the programme at the grass root lead.
The researcher strongly believe that if the measures are taken it will help to create positive impact of poverty alleviation programme at the grass root level.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Purpose of the problem
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objectives of the study
1.4 Research hypothesis
1.5 Scope / limitation of the study
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Definition of terms
2.0 Review of related literature
2.1 Nature and scope of accounting
2.2 Qualifications of an accountant
2.3 The functional role of an accountant
2.5 The poverty alleviation programme of the federal government.
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Sources of data
3.2 Research instrument
3.3 Population of study
3.4 Sampling technique
3.5 Determination of sample size
3.6 Validation of instrument
3.7 Test statistics
4.1 Data presentation, analysis and interpretation
4.2 Test of hypothesis
5.0 Summary of findings
5.4 Suggestions for further studies
Appendix I Questionnaire
Appendix ii Bibliography