This study, THE PERCEPTION OF TEACHER ON THE EFFECT OF CHILD ABUSE AN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS contains concise information that will serve as a framework or guide for your project work. The project study is well-researched for academic purposes and are usually provided in complete chapters with adequate References.
This study is designed to find out the perception of teachers on the effect of child abuse on academic performance of pupils in Odeda Local Government Area of Ogun State, and also it is carried out to erotically review the meaning, cause, types, effects of child abuse among pupils in Odeda Local Government area of Ogun- State. The population of the study comprised of selected primary school teacher in Odeda Local Government area of Ogun State. Ramplom Sampling techniques was used in selecting five primary school out of all school in Odeda Local Government. To make this research a reality questionnaire were administered to collect information or data in using the questionnaire, the study consist of 100 teachers, 20teacher each in five school selected and questionnaire was administered to teachers simple percentage was used for analysis of data. The motive behind the research on the causes of child abuse among people in Odeda Local Government area of Ogun State. The following were as the major causes of child abuse I our environment /area one immaturity, unrealistic expectation, emotional problems, Economic Crisis/ poverty, lack of parenting knowledge, Difficult in relationship, Domestic Violence, Substance abuse, Depression and other mental health problems.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Introduction: Background of the Study
Statement of Problem
Purpose of the Study
Scope of the Study
Significant of the Study
Limitation of the Study
Definition of the Terms
2.0 Literature Review
2.2 The Concept of Child Abuse
2.3 Types of Child Abuse
2.4 Causes of Child Abuse
2.5 Effect of Child Abuse on Children
2.6 Effect of Child Abuse on Teaching /Learning Progresses
2.7 Child Abuse as a Barrier to Children Education
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Research Method
3.2 Place of Research
3.3 Population of the Study
3.4 Sample and Random Technique
3.5 Instrument of Data Collection
3.6 Validity of Research Instruments
3.7 Administration of the Research Instrument
3.8 Method of Data Analysis
4.1 Result and Data Analysis
5.0 Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
5.1 Summary of the Study
1.1 INTRODUCTION: BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Child abuse is the non-accidental commission of any act by which a parent or caretaker upon a child under age eighteen (18) which causes or creates a substantial risk of physical or Emotional injury or constitute a sexual offence under the law of common wealth or any sexual contact between a parent/caretaker and a child under eighteen years.
Child abuse is a great problem that has negative impact in our society and also especially in academic performance of student in school and also it has great concern in our society like other social problem; child abuse has been attracting the attention of sociologist, philosopher, political scientist, psychologist, criminologist, counselors in school, teacher and social workers.
School counselors and teachers in particular have been working relentlessly to provide solution to the problem of child abuse, several educationist had tried their possible best to reduce this act in our society because this problem had played a negative impact in our social Economic political and academic lives of child abuser in both the rural and urban areas.
Child abuse has far reaching affects on the progress and aspiration of both the children and youth of all lend it determine how far student can benefit from school and how their life can be in great future, better homes, good government and community at large because any child that had been maltreated at the tender age can leads to maltreated adult which can affect the society at large.
Child abuse can lead to forms of abuse like physical abuse e.g lost of eye, hearing impairment, bruise, fracture, lacerations, dislocation of joint or life injury, and also leads to emotional abuse which can leads to all these Isolating, Terrorizing, Ignoring, Corruption. Not only these but also it can leads to sexual abuse that can affect the student live by turning their life to another thing that is socially negative like prostitution, Raping, Unwanted pregnancy.
The other crucial thing child abuse can leads to is neglect and this word neglect means persistence failure to meet a child basic needs which result in serious impairment of the child health and development, neglect may involve the child health and development.
Child abuse can exist when there is failure to provide adequate food, clothing or shelter and the following:-
- Protect from physical and emotional harm or danger.
- Meet or respond to basic emotional needs.
- Ensure adequate supervision
- Ensure accesses to appropriate medical care or treatment.
- Ensure his/her opportunity for intellectual; stimulation are meet.
- Ensure that his/her educational needs are meet.
All of these child abuse action can affect children in negative way and it will also add problem to their academic performance. This act start at the tender age where the child did not known anything and when they have just started their live’s journey.
Success within the academic environment is an important value instilled during childhood. Children who are able to gain academic success within their school years are more likely to have an overall sense of well-being throughout child of and into adulthood (CDC 2011). Although it may be ideal for all children to perform well within the school environment, there are many factors that can hinder a child’s potential for academic success. Particularly in negative health outcomes related to child maltreatment or abuse, such as Neglect, sexual abuse, physical abuse and emotional abuse are strong indicators of poor academic performance, children who are maltreated are less alternative and engaged in school have lower test.
This trend is posing huge problems to children and teachers in the field of education. How ever, it could be agreed that the teacher are the immediate people that are close to the children when it comes to academic attainment. This study will therefore examine the perception of teacher on the effect of child abuse on academic performance of students in Odeda local government area of Ogun State.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The researcher intends to examine the perception of teachers on effect of child abuse on academic performance of student in Odeda Local Government area of Ogun State.
Also to access ways by which child abuse affects their academic performance, the major causes of child abuse and to suggest ways of abolishing in child abuse in Odeda Local Government Area of Ogun State.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
- Does child abuse affect emotional development of pupils/student significantly?
- Does child abuse have any significant impact on academic performance of students?
- Does child abuse have any significant effect on physical development of student?
- Does child abuse affect social development of student significantly?
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this research work is to investigate the perception of teacher on the effect of child abuse on academic performance of student in Odeda Local Government area of Ogun State.
The researcher will be entrusted in finding out the following facts.
- To determine through the opinion of selected school teachers in Odeda Local government area of Ogun state their perception on the effect of child abuse on academic performance of pupils.
- To determine how much child abuse had contributed to physical development of child.
- To determine how much child abuse had contributed to the psychological development of child.
- To vividly investigate the contribution of child abuse on Emotional development of child.
- To investigate and make use of recommendation to parent/care giver to that education in Odeda Local Government may progress.
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is to examine the perception of teachers towards the effect of child abuse on academic performance of students in Odeda Local Government Area of Ogun State.
1.6 SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
It envisage that the result of this problems will help in identifying problems confronting child who had been abused in school system in Odeda Local Government Area of Ogun State.
The result of this study will go a long way in assisting the sociologist, criminologist, social workers, Administration and manager of education especially counselor in schools, parents and teachers, in solving in various problems confronting children who had been abused in various ways in our society and school setting.
Finally the study will further enhance the activities of parents and teachers in abolishing the issue of child abuse in our and society at large since both the parent and teacher has great impact to play in this issue.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This project is limited to primary schools in Odeda Local Government Area of Ogun State. During the study period the researcher considered time as one of the set back of the work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Perception: The act or faculty of perceiving or apprehending by means of sincere of mind, cognitions and understanding and it is also a way of conceiving something.
- Effect: A phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon.
- Child: A Young human being who is yet an adult
- Abuse: A Rude expression intended to offend or hurt or is to take or use something in a way that is wrong or harmful or an unfair cruel or violent treatment of somebody.
- Academic: Excessively concerned with intellectual matter and lacking experience of parental affairs. It is also belonging or relating to a place of learning especially a college, University
- Performance: It is the accomplishment of a given task measured against accuracy, completeness, cost and speed
- Student: A learner who enroll in an educational institution or a person who is studying in a school.
- Teacher: A person whose occupation is teaching, person who impact knowledge to his pupils or students.
- Odeda: One of the Local Government in Ogun State.
Keywords:THE PERCEPTION OF TEACHER ON THE EFFECT OF CHILD ABUSE AN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PUPILS
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
[alert style=”warning”]NOTE: INSTANT DOWNLOAD SERVICE [/alert]
Have you made payment for this project? If YES, Get a Download Code by contacting our Customer Care.
If NO, Place an Order Now.
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]