COMPUTERIZED HOSTEL ALLOCATION SYSTEM
Download the Complete (Chapter 1-5) for the project topic and material titled COMPUTERIZED HOSTEL ALLOCATION SYSTEM here on myproject.com.ng. See the above for the project information. Click the GET PROJECT NOW button to get the full project material immediately.
This project examines and addresses the problems and challenges facing student’s registration in Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu. The objective of this research work is to find out solutions to the challenges facing the bulk paperwork of student’s hostel allocation in the university. At the end of the study, it is concluded that to an extent this computerized hostel allocation system solves the bulk paperwork challenges associated with hostel registration. It .is therefore recommended that this project be used in future registration processes in the university.
- Background of the Study
It has become noticeable that our world is ravenously going the digital direction; almost everything is quickly becoming automated, from cars, to teaching and learning, to healthcare, to sports. It is important to note that no aspect should be left behind. An event is a happening that celebrates some unique aspect of a community. The event management and booking system in Nigeria is still not completely straightforward. It is noticeable that most restaurants and event centers in Nigeria still have manual ways of booking tables, meals and events. Such methods are good but slow and sub-standard, costly to maintain and energy draining (excess bureaucracy). It is in the light of these impending difficulties that this project is born. It is designed to automate the booking of tables and events at event centers.
1.1 Statement of the problem
The problems observed during research were as follows;
- Event Centers often entertain intending consumers manually.
- Record keeping at event centers is usually cumbersome, there are always a lot of physical files to be carried around and updated. At times when demand for events is high (e.g. Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s Day, Easter etc), there often has to be extra-hands on the job of buying new files and sorting out old ones.
- The cost of buying physical files and constructing storage facilities as well as maintaining them is often high.
1.2 Objectives of the Study
This project aims at;
- Replacing manual storage of files with more efficient, faster and cleaner storage methods for customer information.
- Relieving the bureaucracy undertaken by the consumers in having to travel from their various destinations to the business arena just to book their events or get information.
- To reduce the cost of managing information for the event centre managers and staff.
1.3 Significance of the Study
This study is significant in the sense that it aims at making useful the advent of information and communication technology in the entertainment industry. It seeks to automate the handling of information and service of customers in order to ease the cost of running a business or the cost of patronizing a running one.
1.4 Scope of the Study
This project is limited to the design and implementation of a web application that allows customers to book events online. This web application is meant to be owned and managed by an event center that also runs a restaurant. Hence, customers can book for spaces at the restaurant and also book to have events space without going to the event center physically.