This study, FACTORS AFFECTING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION contains concise information that will serve as a framework or guide for your project work. The project study is well-researched for academic purposes and are usually provided in complete chapters with adequate References.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Statement of the Problem
Purpose of the Study
Significance of the Study
Scope of the Study
Limitation of the Study
Definition of Terms
2.1 The Concept of UBE in Nigeria
2.2 Scope and Objectives of UBE
2.3 The Evolution of UBE
2.4 UBE: Its Nature and Objectives and Features in Nigeria
2.5 Implementation of UBE
2.6 Appraisal of the Literature Review
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Population of the Study
3.3 Sample and Sampling Techniques
3.4 Research Instrument
3.5 Validity of Research Instrument
3.6 Administration of Data Instrument
3.7 Method of Data Analysis
4.1 Presentation of Result
4.2 Data Analysis
5.1 Summary of the Findings
The Universal Basic Education (UBE) is a broad concept and more ambitious programme than that of Universal Primary Education (UPE) programme. The Universal Basic Education is intend to inculcate more forcefully on the life of Nigerians than the Universal Primary Education.
Although the Universal Basic Education is a programme.it also an educational programme for the acquisition of functional literacy and skills, the type of education that will inculcate an understanding of the need for unity such that is required in Nigeria (Dike 2000).
President OlusegunObasanjo formally launched the Universal Basic Education in Nigeria on 30th September 1999. The programme is intended to be universal, free and compulsory. since the introduction of western education in 1842 (Eya 2000) regions state, and federal government in Nigeri
a have shown a keen interest in education.
The goal of the programme is to provide functional universal and quality education for all Nigerians irrespective of age, sex, race, region, occupation or location.The federal Government of Nigeria sees primary education as the education given in an institution for children age 6 – 11 plus. It further goes on to say that since the rest of the education system is built upon it. The primary level is the key to the success or failure of the whole system of Education. The duration shall be six years (FRN 2004).
After the launching of Universal Basic Education un 1999 by then President OlusegunObasanjo it objectives includes:
- Facilitation of growth and development
- Enhancement of quality of education for all citizens
- Addressing the implementation of educational policies designed to achieved the notable objectives in the national policy on education (Ekere Felix 2000).
It is important to note that some of the problems that led to the failure of universal education to achieve its set objectives which was launched in 1976 still manifest in the implementation of universal basic education programme. Such problems which largely bother on finance, infrastructures such as laboratories, classrooms, furniture and fittings and still inadequate in Nigeria Basic school (I. A. Ajayi 2007).
However, the recent relaunching of a similar programme – the Universal Basic Education Scheme would suggest that after failure of the earlier programme – Universal Primary Education Scheme and after a careful analysis of the factors that brought about the failure of the earlier scheme, a more careful planning would have taken place. (Ayeni 2000).
Primary Education is the first formal Education which the individual is expose to. It is believed to be the foundation of the other type of Education which the individual could be exposed to.
The Universal Basic Education has began implementation has been carried out with scholar looking into each of the stage, this study therefore interested in discovering the implementation process in Abeokuta South Local Government Area of Ogun State.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The Universal Basic Education is the present education programme carried out in Nigeria. The implementation of the Universal Basic Education is still on-going.
This study therefore will find out:-
- The concept of Universal Basic Education
- The important of Universal Basic Education
- Implementation of Universal Basic Education
- The way forward for the implementation of Universal Basic Education
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- What is Universal Basic Education
- What is the importance of Universal Basic Education
- How far has the Universal Basic Education gone about the implementation of its programme
- What are the measures needed to be taken by Universal Basic Education to have a successful implementation
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This study will specifically looked into
- The meaning of Universal Basic Education
- Importance of Universal Basic Education
- Implementation of Universal basic Education
- Measures to effective implementation of the Universal Basic Education programme.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will identifying this that will benefits in the implementation of the Universal Basic Education.
Some of them are:
- Government: The Universal Basic Education programme will help Government to develop education. It will help Government and give them the opportunity to know areas where they must provide assistance.
- Parent: It gives parents opportunity to send their wards to school, as clearly stated in the National Policy on Education (2004) that education should be free, universal and compulsory. The problem of parent not be able to send their children to school all because of money will not afford their children as the government is ready to provide uniforms, books and all the writing materials, chairs and tables e.t.c. So their won’t be any excuse for parent not to send their children to school.
- Teachers: Teachers are nation builder and as such their training will quip them for laying a solid education foundation right from primary level (Lassa 1996). Through Universal Basic Education programme teacher will be able to go for training workshops, seminars e.t.c. This will also help to familiar with modern day teaching equipment and to have confidence in themselves anytime they were teaching in class and they will be able to impact in their pupils knowledge they have acquired.
- Pupils: With the provision of necessary and adequate learning materials it will make teaching easy for them. It will develop pupils mentally, morally and academically. It will also develop in them interest for education. Through the Universal Basic Education programme the rate of drop out of school going age children will reduce drastically.
- Community: It help the community to initiate and execute specific project and activities within the frame work of the scheme in their localities. The programme ensures the effective participation of the community in the scheme. It can also bring to the community infrastructural development through the Universal Basic Education programme.
Keywords: FACTORS AFFECTING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
[alert style=”warning”]NOTE: INSTANT DOWNLOAD SERVICE [/alert]
Have you made payment for this project? If YES, Get a Download Code by contacting our Customer Care.
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]