This study,THE ROLE OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN WOMEN EMPOWERMENT contains concise information that will serve as a framework or guide for your project work. The project study is well-researched for academic purposes and are usually provided in complete chapters with adequate References.
Keywords:THE ROLE OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
For the purpose of clarity, the project is divided into five (5) chapters for easy comprehension. The first chapter dealt on introduction which is the background of the study, significance of the study, also research questions, research hypothesis, definition of terms, limitation of the study and assumption. The second chapter brings out the literature review of the work as well as the summary of literature review. The third chapter is research method, research design and research sample to be used. The method of data collection and data analysis is also explained. The result of the data collected and analysis is stated in chapter four. Chapter five is the summary, conclusion and recommendation of the project.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Objective of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research Questions
1.6 Scope and limitation of the study
1.7 Research Hypothesis
1.8 Definition of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area of the Study
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample size Determination And Techniques
3.5 Sources of Data
3.6 Methods of data Collection/Instruments used
3.7 Administration of Instruments
3.8 Statistical techniques used in data analysis
4.0 Presentation and Data Analysis
4.2 Presentation of Result
Summary of Findings, Recommendations and conclusion
5.1 Summary of Findings
LIST OF TABLES
Table 4i: The women restricted to participate in the economic, social and cultural activities in the local government?
Table 4ii: If yes, how are these activities in their participation restricted?
Table 4iii: Why are they restricted from such activities?
Table4iv: Are Women allowed to join and form co-operative society in the local government?
Table 4v: How many of such co-operative societies do you have in the local government?
Table 4vi: What activities do women perform in the co-operative?
Table 4vii: What are the problems militating against the involvement of women in co-operatives?
Table 4viii: How can such impediments be removed?
Table 4ix: What do women stand to gain from joining co-operatives and participation?
Table 4x: How will such involvement help the community?
The negligence o f women in economic, social and political participation of the country previously made it impossible to know the roles of women empowerment through cooperatives in a developing economy. Women empowerment through cooperatives which is the authority or power given to women to participate in the cooperative business enterprise helps to liberate to them from full dependence on their male counterpart for their daily needs.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Cooperative in a simple sense is working together of people. It also means any form of two or more people working to achieve some aim. This kind of working together may be on a formalized or informal basis, economic or non-economic nature or permanent.
Cooperative societies are institutions through which the activities of cooperation are practiced or demonstrated. International cooperative alliance (ICA) stated that it is an autonomous association of persons united voluntarily to meet their common aspiration through a jointly owned and democratically controlled enterprise.
Cooperative can be seen as an association of persons usually of limited means who have voluntarily joined together to achieve a common economic, making equitable contribution of the capital requirement and accepting a fair share of the risk and benefit of the undertaking.
A fair analysis of definitions will show that cooperative societies are basically: an association of persons.
A common need to solve a mutual problem (self help value).
A union of capital.
At various levels, cooperative societies can be seen as a primary, secondary and tertiary, depending on the aims, resources and capacity of the owners.
Two or more primary societies may amalgamate vertically according to S.52 of the Nigerian cooperative decree 1993.
However, the rise and expansion of the modern cooperative society movement has its roots in the far reaching economic, social and political changes which took place in Europe in the 19th century and the effect of Capitalism as an economic policy.
In England, it dates back to 1858. In France, it was developed as far back as 1865. In Germany, it dated back to1888.In India, it came as a result of British Colonial rule in 1945. It came to East Africa from where it spread to other parts of Africa, including Nigeria and Ughelli local government area in Delta state due to the influence of British colonial rule.
The operations of cooperative societies and cooperative societies and their economic development effects are what this work sets to look into with particular reference to Ughelli local government area of Delta state.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Women contributes a lot in economic empowerment and development of this country especially in Ughelli local government area of Delta state through their economic enterprise. Their contribution will be more obvious and plausible if not for the problem militating against their effort. Here are are some problems facing women in their various economic empowerment programmes.
The problems are presented under headings, they are as follows:
1. Lack of steady supply of water
2. Lack of financial support and attention governmental and non-governmental organ isation or agencies.
3. Persistent rise in the price of raw materials used in the enterprises.
4. Constant electric power failure.
5. Lack of training and centres due to negligence on the part of the government.
6. Lack of adult education facilities
7. Lack of adequate transport facilities.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
1. To determine whether financial support attention from government enhances women empowerment through cooperative.
2. To ascertain whether cooperative enhances women empowerment programme.
3. To examine various ways of women empowerment programme.
4. To find those problems that affects women empowerment programmes.
5. To identify the meaning of women empowerment in Nigerian societies.
6. To proffer recommendations to problems to problems affecting women empowerment.
7. To determine whether government gives support to cooperative women.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of this study is to understand the meaning of women empowerment through cooperatives in a developing economy.
Also, the roles and importance of cooperative in woman and economic development.
Finally, the importance of the study in the area is to provide adequate information for planning various means of increasing the knowledge of rural women in Delta state particularly in Ughelli and effectiveness of income generated.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does financial support attention from government enhance women empowerment through cooperatives?
2. Does cooperative enhance the development of women empowerment programme?
3. Does cooperative give loans to women empowerment programmes in a developing economy?
4. Does women empowerment in Nigeria play a dominant role in nation building?
5. Does government give support to cooperative women?
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study could have been the whole local government areas nation wide,but for the scale of this research I have to narrow it down to Ughelli local government area in Delta state.
In the course of carrying out the research, the researcher had to contend with some huddles and factors, which in one way or the other militated against the researchers zeal of achieving an appreciable result. These include:
1. Time: The researcher has a lot of academic work to do and also more importantly, this research has not been given any specific time in the researchers class time table. As a result of this, the researcher has been constrained to limit her area of coverage so as to cover up with the little available time.
2. Finance: Taking into cognizance of the unhealthy economic situation of Nigeria, one could not expect the research work with its attendant huge financial outlay. This lack of funds also affected the researchers movement to and from the research area as the distance is far and was not trekable.
3. Insufficient Literature Materials/Data: The most hindrance is material as many as many contributions have not been done in the area of this research study. This in no small measure limited the researcher’s scope of study.
4. Poor Response: This was another greatest limiting factor to this study. The respondents declined to give direct information and keep the researcher in suspense, as they were not prepared to compromise their job devotion with the researcher’s information requirements. This to a very large extent hindered the researchers access to some essential data of the organization.
1.7 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
Ho: Cooperative societies has not been a strong tool in
the actualization of women empowerment in a developing Nation.
H1: Cooperative societies has been a strong tool in the
actualization of women empowerment in a developing nation.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
i. Women: These are women by virtue. They are the feminist gender.
ii. Income Generation: This is simply referred to the steady in show of income as a result of involvement in economic activities.
iii. Micro Enterprise: These are those enterprises which by virtue of size, finance and productive capacity are classified as one person business.
iv. Rural Area: This is an area by virtue of socio-geographical characteristics as a rural different from the urban area.
v. NGOs: It means non-governmental organization society. These are non-governmental organizations that aid in development programme.
vi. Economic Activity: This is an activity that has economic value capable of generating income.
vii. Poverty: This simply refers to the state of being poor or the situation of being poor.
viii. Community Management: It simply means the way the entire community are being managed both financially, economically and socially.
Keywords: THE ROLE OF CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
[alert style=”warning”]NOTE: INSTANT DOWNLOAD SERVICE [/alert]
Have you made payment for this project? If YES, Get a Download Code by contacting our Customer Care.
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]